Friday, May 7, 2010

Jacobs Ladder

Did you guys see Biggest Loser this week? The winner of the challenge spent 2 and 1/2 hours on a Jacobs Ladder. There is a Jacobs Ladder at the gym I go to. I've actually mentioned to my husband before about how I wanted to try it. I never did because I didn't know how to use it, and I thought I would look dumb trying to figure it out all by myself. After this week's Biggest Loser episode, I decided that I would do it. Last night, I did!

It was actually pretty good. (Maybe cause I only did it for 10 minutes, not 150 minutes!) I had to explore and figure out how it worked. The waist belt that you strap on yourself, helps control the speed. The lower you are on the ladder, the less resistance. The higher up you are, the more resistance, which increases the speed. I thought it actually was a great workout. It will definitely help with my problem area thighs. I will definitely do it again, longer next time. I just have to find a way to not get bored! And I decided that I'm not going to be afraid of trying new things in fear of 'looking dumb'. We're all at the gym for a reason. You'll never experience those other things unless you try.

1 comment:

  1. Shauna, good for you!!! You actually hit on something that I've been thinking a lot about. FEAR! I don't do so many things because of fear. I think all of us could be a lot more empowered and effect serious changes in our health and fitness levels if we just weren't afraid of trying new things, looking a little dumb, feeling a little uncomfortable, etc. You have to get out of the comfort zone. I just LOVE my comfort zone though! I want to think of something new I can try that puts me out of my comfort zone this week. Let me know if you have any ideas everyone.

    ReplyDelete